TERMS & CONDITIONS
At London Piece of Cake I am committed to excellence and want your experience with me to run as smoothly as possible. Please read the information below as a guide to the service I provide.
These terms and conditions govern your use of my services; by using my services, you accept these terms and conditions in full.
Your privacy is my policy.
1. A non refundable deposit equalling to 50% of the full price is required to secure your date when booking two or more weeks in advance.
2. The remaining 50% of the balance is due a minimum of one week before your event date, unless otherwise specified.
3. Orders made with less than two weeks notice will need to be paid in full at the time of booking.
4. I do not currently accept cash payments.
5. If you decide to pay in full at the time of booking, but later decide to cancel your order, please note you will only be entitled to a refund of 50% of the total balance. This refund is only available up until a week before your event date, after this point no refund will be possible.
6. The remaining 50% of the balance is due a minimum of one week before your event date, unless otherwise specified.
7. None of my products or services are refundable due to being baked, decorated & handmade to your specific requirements.
8. I must receive the balance by the due date indicated or contract is null and void, and your order will be cancelled.
9. The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavours of your order. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
10. I am a small business and dates are reserved exclusively for you so I can dedicate my time to making your cake. Therefore in most circumstances I will not be able to re-schedule and your deposit is non-transferable to another product.
11. Please note I cover all my cakes with a layer of chocolate ganache for best results, unless specifically requested not to. I ganache my dairy free cakes using dairy free products. Chocolate ganache adds to the flavour of your cake and creates a smoother/cleaner overall look.
12. Not all of my cakes are covered in fondant unless specifically requested, so please ensure you let me know during the ordering process if this is something you want included on your cake.
13. Delivery and setup is dependant on the location of the venue and will be stipulated in the final price.
14. Please ensure there is suitable parking close to the venue for ease of transportation of your cake(s). Parking needs to be free from restrictions and any charges to myself.
15. I am not responsible for any damage to the cake after delivery has been made and setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 23 degrees Celsius or below.
16. 15. Person(s) receiving the cake will need to sign to confirm they have received the cake and agree the cake meets their expectations, in addition agree London Piece of Cake is no longer liable for damages caused to it from point of signing.
17. Cakes that are collected from my premises are always boxed appropriately for transportation. I would always recommend picking up your cake in a vehicle, cakes are easily damaged and tiered cakes can be very heavy.
18. If you or your representative elects to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves my possession.
19. If flowers are required, you acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
20. I will photograph all of my cakes before collection/delivery. I reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
21. My products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
22. If I have to cancel your order due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be entitled to a full refund of your payment and a discount on your next booking/re-schedule. Rest assure this almost never happens.
23. Performance of this agreement is contingent upon my ability to complete the Agreement and is subject to accidents, Acts of God, and other causes beyond my control.
24. Please note, design colours may slightly vary from digital designs or photos, due to photographic lighting sources or your monitor/phone settings.